Chocolate avocado wild blackberry no bake pie
I made this today and WOW! This is just too good not to try. The crust itself is to die for! The fact that it's a no bake pie is awesome! It's easy to do as long as you have a food processor! The original recipe came from Vegweb.com. However, I changed the recipe slightly. No time to lose; check it out!
Chocolate avocado wild blackberry (almost raw) no bake pie
2 cups pecans, divided
5 soft dates, pitted
3 TB chia seeds, soaked in 2 TB warm water
1 TB maple syrup
2 TB cocoa powder (made by blending a small handful of carob chips)
1 TB cinnamon
2 tsp ground fresh nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
pinch sun dried sea salt
2-3 ripe avocados
2-3 C fresh or wild picked frozen blackberries
2 TB lemon juice (this keeps the avocados from browning)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Approximately 4 C dark chocolate chips
Optional: fresh strawberries, cherries or blackberries to top
1. For crust, soak 1 cup pecans in 2 cups fresh water for 20 minutes (if you can allow for 2-4 hours, that would be better, but 20 minutes works for on-the-fly!). Drain and rinse. In a food processor, chop 1 cup dry pecans into a fine meal. Set aside. Chop soaked pecans into a fine meal.
2. Cut or break the dates into pieces. If the dates are very dry or firm, soak them in 1/2 cup fresh water for 5 minutes to soften. Add the date pieces, chia seeds, maple syrup, carob, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and sea salt to the ground soaked pecans and chop until well mixed.
3. Add the ground dry pecans and chop until well mixed. The dough should be crumbly but sticky enough to hold shape when pressed. Press the dough evenly into a pie plate; it is easiest to press the dough first to the sides of the plate and then press into the bottom for an even depth.
4. For filling, in a blender, cream together avocados, lemon juice, and vanilla. In a double broiler, melt chocolate chips; let chocolate cool slightly. I cooled it quickly by adding in the frozen blackberries that I had picked the previous day.
5. Add melted chocolate/blackberry mix to the avocado mixture and blend until smooth. Top with fruit berries of choice. Pour into prepared crust and chill in fridge for approximately 30-60 minutes to let solidify before serving.