14.7.11

Sauteed tempeh quinoa wrap


Today's lunch was so rockin', I just had to post a couple pictures and the recipe, which is so easy peasy and quick, it's ridiculous! Even my carnivorous father liked it!



The ingredients:
A couple of whole grain tortilla wraps (I use Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain wraps)
Hummus of your likin' (enough to slather on the wrap; not much)
Cooked quinoa (only enough to stick on top of the hummus, so not much is needed--I had some leftover from last night's beans 'n quinoa; I left it cold for this.)
Tempeh, sliced
1/3 C sliced yellow onion
1 C packed chopped kale
1/2 avocado, sliced
sesame oil for sauteing
splash of soy sauce (or Nama Shoyu, Bragg's Liquid Aminos; I did not have these as options since I'm out of town.)
Optional:
1-2 TB minced garlic
handful mushrooms
sliced red and/or green bell pepper

In a medium skillet using medium heat, saute the tempeh in the sesame oil and soy sauce. Saute until slightly crunchy and done on both sides. Set aside. Saute onion in the same thing (less oil and sauce will be needed, so don't overdo it) until almost translucent. Add in the kale and continue to saute until the kale is bright green and still holds it's shape, being sure not to overdo it (it wilts quickly). Remove from heat. Slather the hummus and quinoa onto your wrap, then pile on the avo, tempeh, and grilled goodies. Voila! So good! I didn't have any fresh minced garlic at my disposal, but I highly recommend adding that in too! I chased this down with a shot of coconut water/mango/lemon/chia gel!



1 comment: